Eating foods with flavors & aromas go much farther than just tasting good.
There’s a critical element that so many of us have not even considered when it comes to shaking spices out of their plastic or glass containers.
These herbs and spices, when in their original form, straight from the dirt, unaltered, processed, or mass produced, offer unfathomable restoration to the human body.
Herbs, roots, and spices have properties that range from anti-microbial, anti-fungal, anti-viral, & natural chelation, with full cellular and microbial support for the entire human body.
When it comes to fermenting foods, I take it quite seriously. I firmly believe that we need to be consuming foods that have the strong ability to heal, restore, and maintain our bodies as much as possible. In my personal opinion, this goes far beyond consuming just the right whole foods.
By now you’ve probably noticed that I strongly advocate the elimination of processed oils in the daily diet, with a firm advocation of whole foods and fermented “experiments” as well. Continue reading
We have all been subjected to chemical exposure whether it’s in the air, food, water, cleaning products, body care products, & cosmetics. The more that we can learn and absorb, the greater ability we have to live a healthier life!
Drinking cleaner water & eating healthier foods seems to be much easier than eliminating toxic body products for most.
Many body care and skin products that are aimed to assist in beauty goals contain loads of chemicals that directly interfere with hormone communication and function. Continue reading
My first experience with lentils wasn’t the most magically delicious. It actually convoluted my opinion about them. Continue reading
If you’re looking for something fresh, full of flavor, & nourishing for your body and soul, then this salad is all yours!
Threw this salad together with whatever I could find in my fridge, and its turned out to be my new favorite!
If you’re planning a day in the sun, no matter if its at the beach, pool, or park, eating foods that are abundant in water are essential for maintaining hydration. Aside from their hydrating factor, these water dense foods contain minerals, enzymes, plant protein, and vitamins that will help you sustain your energy!
So, here you go 🙂
- 3 cups mixed greens
- 1/2 cup sprouted lentils & split peas (purchased or homemade)
- 1/2 avocado
- Large handful cilantro
- Thinly sliced yellow onion (desired amount)
- 5 heirloom cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 apple (skin peeled)
- 1/4 cup Non-GMO organic corn (optional)
- 1/2 cup garbanzo beans
- 1 Tsp raw unpasteurized applecider vinegar
- 1/4 Tsp Vietnamese cinnamon
- 1/4 Tsp turmeric
- 1 Tsp nutritional yeast
- 1/8 Tsp Pink Salt
- Rinse and dry your mixed greens, & throw them into your salad mixing bowl
- Chop veggies into desired size, then add them into your bowl
- Make sure to peel the skin off of your apple! They’re loaded with waxes and secret pesticides!
- After all salad toppers are chopped and in the bowl with greens, add cinnamon, turmeric, nutritional yeast, pink salt, and raw vinegar
- Toss salad thoroughly so that all the yummy juices from the veggies blend together. I usually toss it slowly for about 1-2 minutes. The blending of juices is what makes your dressing!
- Place into serving bowls, or if you can’t wait, just eat out of your mixing bowl!
I love adding a few scoops of brown, volcano, or black rice rice to this yummy salad bowl! The combination of rice and most legumes (the garbanzo beans) makes a complete protein!
Now, eat and enjoy!
I love ketchup.
I used to eat not so great food back in the day like french fries, hot dogs, tater tots, & fish sticks
The unfortunate fact about these foods is that they offer no nutritional value. I’m not here to preach to you about fish sticks and tater tots, though.
However, I am here to talk ketchup!
Unfortunate fact about ketchup? Most often, ketchup is made with rotten tomatoes, using preservatives to coverup any rotten flavor. Yes.
The food industry actually uses food colorings and preservatives to cover up the fact that the minimal amount of real tomato they’re using are rotten. Continue reading