If you’re looking for something fresh, full of flavor, & nourishing for your body and soul, then this salad is all yours!
Threw this salad together with whatever I could find in my fridge, and its turned out to be my new favorite!
If you’re planning a day in the sun, no matter if its at the beach, pool, or park, eating foods that are abundant in water are essential for maintaining hydration. Aside from their hydrating factor, these water dense foods contain minerals, enzymes, plant protein, and vitamins that will help you sustain your energy!
So, here you go 🙂
- 3 cups mixed greens
- 1/2 cup sprouted lentils & split peas (purchased or homemade)
- 1/2 avocado
- Large handful cilantro
- Thinly sliced yellow onion (desired amount)
- 5 heirloom cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 apple (skin peeled)
- 1/4 cup Non-GMO organic corn (optional)
- 1/2 cup garbanzo beans
- 1 Tsp raw unpasteurized applecider vinegar
- 1/4 Tsp Vietnamese cinnamon
- 1/4 Tsp turmeric
- 1 Tsp nutritional yeast
- 1/8 Tsp Pink Salt
- Rinse and dry your mixed greens, & throw them into your salad mixing bowl
- Chop veggies into desired size, then add them into your bowl
- Make sure to peel the skin off of your apple! They’re loaded with waxes and secret pesticides!
- After all salad toppers are chopped and in the bowl with greens, add cinnamon, turmeric, nutritional yeast, pink salt, and raw vinegar
- Toss salad thoroughly so that all the yummy juices from the veggies blend together. I usually toss it slowly for about 1-2 minutes. The blending of juices is what makes your dressing!
- Place into serving bowls, or if you can’t wait, just eat out of your mixing bowl!
I love adding a few scoops of brown, volcano, or black rice rice to this yummy salad bowl! The combination of rice and most legumes (the garbanzo beans) makes a complete protein!
Now, eat and enjoy!