With the past few weekends of sunshine, bike riding, running, and swimming, my body has been thirsting for some cols refreshing electrolyte based liquids.
Thankfully watermelon easily meets this craving! Due to its balanced electrolyte content, its instantly satisfying to quench thirst.
It’s also a fun alternative for kids to drink as a healthy alternative juice option 🙂 If you’re an adult, this doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy it for yourself!
Knife & spoon
1/8 – 1/4 Tsp Vietnamese cinnamon
1/4 Tsp fresh squeezed lemon or lime juice
Small handful of cilantro
- For a cold freshing juice, refrigerate watermelon over night if you don’t want to wait for the juice to chill in the refrigerator
- For 32 oz of juice, cut watermelon in half and use 1/2 of medium – large watermelon. For a full 64 ounces, use entire watermelon (this amount works well if you plan on serving it to others)
- Cut melon into cubes, and toss them into the blender
- Dash cinnamon over watermelon and add fresh lemon juice & cilantro
- Blend at medium to high speed for 1 minute. You can add more water if you want to dilute its sweetness. If adding water, please be sure to use purified water.
- When done blending, pour into serving glasses, and enjoy a delicious glass of electrolytes, subtle sweetness, and lycopene!
Drink up, and enjoy natures freshness!
Great to enjoy with another one of my favorite summertime salads!
For more information regarding filtered water and the system I’ve been using for the past year for drinking, food prepping, and cooking, find out more here!